This section contains a brief description of the various sections of the francais101.com website, information for users and the function of the sections.
Browse through the Learning section in order to discover 1,101 of the most commonly used French words.
These words will serve as a useful foundation for your first conversations, and will help to facilitate your day-to-day living.
1. Choose one of the themes.
2. Click on the "Vocabulary" tab to read the words accompanied by an image;
o In this section, you can see and hear the various words that are featured.
3. Click on the "Illustrated dialogues" tab in order to learn the appropriate context for using each word;
o This section will help you to learn about sentence structure and the appropriate context for using the different words and expressions.
o In this section, you can see the words and images corresponding to the theme.
4. Click on the "Listening activities" tab to test your oral comprehension;
o In this section, you must check the appropriate box to select the correct answer to questions pertaining to a short text that you have listened to.
5. Click on the "Assessment" tab to verify your understanding of each word.
o In this section, you match the words to the appropriate images.
The Resources section presents contact information and links to websites for the main organizations that will help you to continue to learn French and facilitate your integration into Québec culture and society.
• Francization agencies
o The role of these organizations is to provide French courses for individuals who wish to improve their level of proficiency
o An instructor will guide you through the learning process.
o These organizations offer courses at various levels.
o You will attend the courses with other individuals who wish to learn French.
o You will have access to resources and tools to help you overcome any difficulties that you may encounter.
• Organizations from cultural communities
• The role of these organizations is to facilitate your integration.
• They allow you to remain in contact with your cultural origins.
• These organizations facilitate the transition between your country of origin and your new country.
• They are composed of individuals who are equipped to guide you toward the institutions or organizations that can meet your specific needs.
• The objective of these organizations is to facilitate your adaptation despite the difficulties that arise when faced with learning a new language.
In the About us section, you will find information concerning the creators and objectives of this site and the partners that contributed to its design and development. You will also find useful links that will help you to learn about Québec society.